Thursday, July 27, 2006

More Y Companies Surfacing

First off, there's Pollground, a site in which users submit multiple-choice questions, and the crowd answers. As of this post, one poll on the site thinks Pollground is more likely to succeed than fail, and another says that it's the Y startup that's least likely to succeed. Oh, and of course, the site has been reddited.

An anonymous reader pointed me to a Flagr map for Y Combinator Team Headquarters. On this map are four companies you know about, but one you may not: Thinkature. There's just a stub page there now, but it promises "online collaborative thinking" and the end of "do not erase." It also, apparently, "puts the keke on the face." I don't know what that means.

I got word that Pairwise is another Y Company. This was "confirmed" on Wikipedia but has since been deleted. Take this with a grain of salt, because that same link presents Litepost as a Y Company, which it is not. Pairwise seems to run two sites, likebetter and hatemore.

Update: Pairwise is confirmed as a Y company (referred to as "LikeBetter" in the FAQ).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's just a stub page there now, but it promises "online collaborative thinking" and the end of "do not erase."

Clearly this is meant to suggest an online replacement for the office whiteboard.

It also, apparently, "puts the keke on the face." I don't know what that means.

I take that simply to mean it makes users happy. It's a term familiar to Starcraft players.

Rob Hunter said...

So which in the list is it then? Maybe "a service bridging IM, text-messaging, and email?" It doesn't seem to really fit. Maybe it's not up there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, who knows. It could be the legendary 13th startup PG said was going to launch Monday. I didn't see any announcement, so I guess if they've waited a year they can wait a little longer.

I guess I should reveal that I'm the guy who suggested the new name for Snipshot. I went to Startup School last year and am getting ready to launch a web startup, but YC has no involvement whatsoever. I'm 31, so I'm out of the demographic!

Grant Hutchins said...

Thinkature is live now, go check it out!

Anonymous said...

Looks really neat, Grant! Hope it finds its audience quickly - I upped your site on reddit.